- The Personal Information Protection Officer will ensure that our organization follows the principles of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. We will receive and follow up on any reasonable inquiries or complaints about how we collect, use and share personal information.
- Our organization shall only collect personal information that it requires to ensure sound management of our organization and its divisions and to fulfill its obligations to its members, its residents and the government.
- Our organization shall use personal information only for the purposes for which consent was received from the person giving the information.
- We shall allow only those individuals within our organization who need to know the information to have access to it.
- Our organization will share personal information with others outside our organization only as authorized by the person giving us the information or as permitted or required by law.
- Our organization will store personal information securely to prevent unauthorized use.
- Our organization will endeavour to destroy personal information when we no longer need it.
- Individuals who have consented to give personal information to our organization will have access upon application to any personal information about themselves that our organization has.
- Our organization will correct any errors in personal information in our files that the person giving us such information brings to our attention.
Ontario State Board
Knights of Columbus